A friend pointed out this recipe on a forum and I had to make it since the girls cousins are all gluten free. They are called “No Bake Fudgy Snow Balls” on the Skinny Taste website.
No-Bake Fudgy Snow Balls
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 21 • Serving Size: 1 cookie • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 69.5 • Fat: 3.8 g • Carb: 9.2 g • Fiber: 2.2 g • Protein: 2.1 g
Ingredients:15 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 tbsp honey (agave if vegan)
- 2 tbsp water (or more if needed)
- 3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar (I used icing sugar but you can use coconut to be sugar free)
Add almonds to your food processor and pulse until ground. Add dates, cocoa powder, honey, and water. Mix until it forms a sticky mass. If it seems too dry, add a little water, 1 tsp at a time. Wash hands and using damp hands (keep sink running)measure 1 tbsp and roll into a ball with the dough. Set balls on parchment paper.
Put confectioner’s sugar in a bowl. Roll balls in your hand and then roll in sugar (or coconut).
Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.